There are lots of ways to generate REST or GraphQL APIs from databases.
- Supabase is an interesting idea: combine a bunch of projects together to build something like Firebase built atop PostgreSQL
- Supabase itself is essentially glue for all of these projects. Reminds me of TurboGears that way.
- Something that may be interesting independently: GoTrue is a user-management system open sourced by Netlify
- DBCore generates Go code and TypeScript/React code
- Octo is a tool written in Go that exposes a database as a web service
- Postgraphile exposes a GraphQL API of a PostgreSQL database
- Uses row-level security to ensure that users can only access what they should be accessing